Institute of Education & Professional Development
The Institute of Education and Professional Development is designed to enhance the workplace performance of the professional and paraprofessional staff at Welch Healthcare & Retirement Group. This is accomplished through the continued and timely distribution of relevant information. Staff attend workshops, seminars, in-service programs and receive up-to-date job-related educational material.
The Institute has several other goals. They include the continuous provision of professional development and community education on issues related to Bereavement and Loss and End of Life Care.
- A calendar of seminar dates is available and published semiannually.
- Each program meets weekly, in a designated Welch facility, for 10 successive weeks.
- All educational programs are available for the joint participation of area visiting nurse associations, hospices, hospital staff, and others from the general community who may be dealing with issues related to bereavement and loss and end of life care.
- Programs are approved in accordance with the Board of Registration of Social Workers for Category 1 Continuing Education Units, and meet the requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Registration for Nurses.
Two other primary Institute goals:
- To collaborate with and provide resources to, the in-service education and staff development system of the Welch Healthcare & Retirement Group Network.
- To oversee, and provide resources for the Welch Healthcare Ethics Committees.
Institute of Education and Professional Development
Welch HealthCare & Retirement Group
Thomas A. Welch, M.Ed, LCSW
Telephone: (781) 337-4542